Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Manefesto!

This was an assignment for a class in school - STAC. We had to write manefestos for our end of the year portfolio. My real thing is formatted all nicely with colors but it wouldn't translate onto my blog so here is just the text. Enjoy!

Only one life but so much to do. I will make it worth my time.

Know what I have to do and commit to it. Do not let personal problems or unfortunate situations stop me from achieving what I’m working towards. If something is getting in my way, I need to take a deep breath and push forwards. Be grateful for every opportunity that I am given. You never know what the future has in store for you. Don't take my talent, hard work, or inspirational teachers for granted. The opinion of one person is not the be all, end all. I can’t loose sight of my dream just because it isn’t easy to hear the word “no.” I need to stay positive and always believe in myself, even when I feel like giving up. How can I expect others to believe in me & my talent if I do not even believe in me? Meet new people. Be nice and be friendly. Networking is key in this business. Use that to my advantage. Go one very audition that comes my way. Don't make excuses if I'm not feeling up to it. you never know. Continue to take care of my body. My body is my instrument. Never get lazy with maintaining way. its health. It will always need to be in tip top shape. Make choices and decisions with my health and safety in mind. Don’t think that I am invincible in any way. I am not. Save money, don't spent it. Remember to distinguish the difference between things I need and things I want. Nice clothes can't feed me or pay the rent. Surround myself with people who understand me and will not get upset with me if I’m too busy to spend all my time with them. Make sure that my friends & family know that I love them even if I don’t get to see them as often as I would like to because of my dedication and commitment to my work. I can’t let unnecessary personal matters get in my way. Allow myself to make mistakes and accept that failure is only part of the process to success. Not being perfect does not mean that I'm not talented. Always try to see the fun in things. I'm not entering this business for the money, but because I love it. If it's not fun, I should stop wasting my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment