Sunday, August 8, 2010

this business

I love this business. My new best friend is backstage. I got the latest one from a newspaper stand the other day in the city and tonight I spent time circling auditions and e-mailed a few people my picture and resume. This isn't the first time I've done this and I know that an audition is just one audition and it doesn't mean anything. But you also never know. It's a mysterious world out there and the more you put yourself out there the more chances you have. I wish I could go on every audition listed but 1. some of them are 3,000 miles away in California and 2. I can't spend every day skipping class and going on auditions. That's not what my parents are paying my tuition for and that's not what I need my focus to be right now. Right now I have to train train train. Although, I do have my first audition coming up for a Wagner production. They're doing Spelling Bee this year and auditions are August 31. I've been listening to the cast recording a lot lately and my Mom gave me the script so I have to read it. I'm really excited. It'll be my first college audition. I'm so pumped because I'm starting to realize the amount of opportunities that are waiting to be taken advantage of in my future. It won't be easy and I know that sacrifices are on their way. But to be honest, I've already sacrificed so much of a normal teenage life that I'm okay with that. Bring on the work and the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment