Friday, December 2, 2011

Self Reflection

As the semester comes to an end, I have a lot to be excited about. The last two days were filled with auditions for the spring main stage musicals Urinetown and A Goddess Wheel. A Goddess Wheel, music by Galt McDermot, will be making its world premier this spring featuring Wagner's theater students! Although, both days were extremely long (13 hours one day and 14 the next), it was an incredibly fun and rewarding experience.

I have only 3 finals left, all of which are for performance classes. As I practice for my finals I can't help but self-reflect on where I was at the beginning of this semester and how far I've come. At the end of last year I remember being excited by how much I had learned in one semester. And it's no different this time around. I am so grateful to all of my teachers who pushed me and encouraged me and reminded me that this process is one of my own. I'm proud of myself for taking risks and being confident enough in myself to do things that might be out of my comfort zone. I'm proud of my friends for taking their own risks. I'm thankful that I can surround myself with talented people every single day. And I'm proud of all of us for supporting each other and being happy for each other's accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment