Sunday, July 8, 2012

My afternoon at the beach

Today I had an epiphany. I came to not only believe, but feel with my whole being, that happiness is truly a choice. It is a state of being that a person can choose to live in. I think sometimes it might be much more difficult than others to choose happiness, but I think that the option is always there. I was at the beach listening to really uplifting, inspiring music on my iPod, standing in the waves and I felt so free. I think it was the most free I've felt since I've been here. And so I've decided to choose happiness for myself. For the rest of the summer. No matter what I miss back home, or who I miss, I need to stay freely in the moment of this summer.

There's a lot more I could say, but I'm not going to. Actually, I will say one more thing: there's a lot I want to do with my life. And I'm going to do it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment