Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday, Acting Workshop

I was really proud of all the acting kids today. When we were told to do our warm ups by ourselves, we committed to doing what Joy had asked us to do. It takes a really focused group to be able to lead itself that way, and I was proud that we were able to do that.

Today was also great becaue we each got the chance to go twice, which doesn't happen often because we run out of time. Like Joy said, it was really cool to watch the growth of each and everyone of us in our peices over the past couple of weeks. Today I tried really hard to incorperate all of her notes from last week. It was a lot to remember but I had practiced it over the Thanksgiving weekend, so I knew that I could do it. I was proud of myself for being able to carry that out onto the stage with me, with an audience watching.

It was also really interesting because today we were being filmed. But once I got started with the peice, and got rolling with it, I forgot about the camera. When I finished my monologue and came off the stage I felt as if I had been spit into something, played around with it for a bit, and was spit back out again with a feeling of "I did it! Let's do it again!" It was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment