Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday, Acting workshop

Today in the workshop I got the chance to perform my monologue and put it on its feet. This was the first time I did it for people without the script in my hand. You can really start to get a sense of where you're at when you do this. The notes that Joy gave me were actually things I've heard before. I know the answers to all her questions, and I know the backstory and the subtext, but sometimes I have trouble applying it. So when she gave me these notes, it was good for me to know exactly what I still have to work on. I think that I need to practice it in really small sections because sometimes doing the whole thing can be too overwhelming. I think I need to work through it and dig into what I need to work on and make it more solid and confident in my character.

No comments:

Post a Comment