Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010?!

So it's that time of year again. People start making New Year's Resolutions. Would I be correct in saying that weight loss is probably the most common resolution, and also the most unsuccessful one? I haven't made a resolution and I don't know if I will. I used to make them each year. In fact that was the most important part of the New Year to me when I was younger. But I don't know if it's really all that important for me to make one this year. Most people don't keep their resolutions anyway. And then they end up feeling all sad and sorry for themselves because they couldn't keep their promise to themselves. I didn't make a resolution last year, and last year was one of the best years of high school. I learned how to sing the healthy way, and grew as a singer in ways I had never experienced before, I had the opportunity to do Into the Woods and 42nd Street - two shows that taught me an incredible amount of things about singing, dancing, acting, and life as a theater geek. I took classes in the city at Steps on Broadway, in fact I danced so much that I lost inches - becuase I built muscle in my legs and my core (something I was very proud of when I went to the beach haha), I applied to college and received a few academic acceptances. I'm pretty proud of last year, and I didn't have a new year's resolution. Maybe that's the way to go.

I've been doing a lot of abstract, huge thinking. Thinking that's bigger than me. Life goes by so fast. And I know it's cliche, but we shoud live it up as best we can. What's that saying? "Life is short, so...." I forget the rest of it, but that's what I'm getting at. Maybe that cliche saying actually has a true meaning that we should pay more attention to. Maybe instead of stalking people on facebook and twitter, we should spend time doing things that are worth posting on facebook and twitter so that those who are stalking us can see what we're up to and be impressed.

Blogging is fun. The more I do it, the more I like it.

1 comment: