Thursday, January 21, 2010

Enneagram tests

This was the second time I've taken this test. I remember the last time that I took it my score for a 7 was significantly higher than my scores for the other numbers. This time around, some of my other scores started to creep closer to my score for 7, which was still my highest score. Apparently, I now have some more 2 and 3 in me than I used to.

I don't know how I have more two in me, who is supposed to be the helper. I mean, I guess I do help out other people when I can, and I feel good after doing so, but I don't place others above myself. I used to..now that I think about it. I used to go all out to do a favor for people. I used to care about other's feelings more so than my own, but that all changed once I got into high school. I still try not to be selfish, and I don't consider myself selfish, but I do pay more attention to my own needs than others. Sometimes, that's just what you have to do. If nobody is going to pay attention to you, then who is? That actually kind of ties into my last blog a little bit about me staying home and doing what I need to do instead of what others want me to do. Doing what's best for me.

The reason why I'm a little bit of a three is obvious... "They are frequently hard working, competetive and are highly focused in the pursuit of their goals" This also ties into my last blog post. AGHH!!! So much interconnectedness.

Overall, though, I am still a seven. It says that we consider our lives exciting adventures. It's funny because I feel like I've been having this conversation with my parents a lot lately especially when it comes to this whole college audition process. It's all just one adventure because I don't know where I'm going to end up. But it's an adventure that should be fun. If it isn't fun, then you should step back and ask yourself why you decided to embark on this journey in the first place. I don't believe in doing things if they aren't fun which is why I often try and make things that aren't fun into things that are fun.

1 comment:

  1. Read this, it might help your understanding.

    http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/intro.asp#directions

    ReplyDelete