Monday, March 15, 2010

You'll Never Walk Alone

Another Herricks High School show has come to an end. I cannot even begin to express my gratitude to everyone who came to support me and the rest of the cast, crew, and pit. Thank you so much for being a fabulous audience every single night. You restored my faith in Herricks theatrical audiences.

It's still really strange being a senior. When the alumni came opening night, I kept thinking of them as "the seniors" when in actuality they're college freshman and I'm a senior. I made my "senior speech" before the show yesterday. Now that was really weird. The past 3 years, I've listened to seniors give speeches, but this time it was me who was making one. I didn't really know what to say, although I'm pretty sure words can't express what I want to express. It's important to me that the traditions continue. The warm-ups are the same ones we've been doing since middle school and the idea of a senior speech is special too. There's a legacy that each group of graduating seniors leaves. And we want that legacy to be passed down so that we're not forgotten. "As long as there is one person...who remembers you-it isn't over." (the Heavenly Friend) That's whats so unique about school shows. They don't have the professionalism that a professional production has, but they have a bond between cast members that can only be acquired through years of going to school together. I've grown up with certain members of this cast, and that is what makes it so hard to take the final bow.

Thank you so much to the entire cast, crew, and pit for making my senior show at Herricks a memorable one. I am honored to have had the chance to work with all of you before I graduate. And who knows? Maybe some of us will get to work again some day in the future...

"Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone"

P.S. - Good news, good news! This past weekend, I got acceptances into musical theater programs at Wagner and Cortland!

No comments:

Post a Comment