Thursday, September 10, 2009

Excited for a new year!

Senior year. Strangely enough, I'm not nervous. So many of my friends around me are overhwelmed and I completely understand why. But I'm really excited! Auditioning for college is going to be a really exciting start to this new adventure that I embark on next fall. I'm so used to the same teachers, the same classes, the same coaches, and although it's scary because it's something new, I cannot wait for it!

I had my first coaching today for this whole thing and it's so interesting to me how different the college audition process is from the professional world of auditioning. I have to practice tomorrow and the next day and the next day. I know there is a lot of competition out there, but I also know that when I decide to work hard on something, I work hard. And when something is so exciting to me that it makes me want to cry and laugh and run around my house in circles because I don't know what to do with all this great energy, I know it's something I'm passionate about and I know that I won't let myself fall short of my own potential. I LOVE to work hard when it comes to this type of stuff. It makes me feel worth-while. It's that feeling of a challenge and overcoming it that is so rewarding. Sometimes I look around my school and see myself surrounded by lazy people and I feel different. But then I think about the artists, dancers, singers, and actors I know who also love to work hard on things and I think that we're the happier people on earth. We get more out of life. It's as simple as that.

1 comment:

  1. HARD WORK! okay so i am a bit overwhelmed with things for college and AP art, but i make sure to do art everyday. What would I be doing if I wasn't doing art?

    ReplyDelete