Monday, February 1, 2010

Daily practice

I'm not set on this idea, but I think for my daily practice I want to read plays. I've already kind of gotten myself into this trend. This school year alone I've already conquered Midsummer Night's Dream, King Lear, King Oedipus, Inherit the Wind, Collected Stories, and now I'm onto The Good Woman of Setzuan, which is extremely funny so far. I wanted to read more plays this summer, but I figure why not start right now. I could read a scene a day, or more depending on how long the scenes are. And I would just go through play after play. I could blog about what's going on and any interesting themes I find. The more I write about this, the more I want to do it. I think it would be good for me.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be a great thing to do. Even if you just get through a chunk of a play, and document that - maybe a quote or a line, or a thought about it.

    Sezuan is a great play - glad you are finding it funny.

    ReplyDelete