Monday, April 19, 2010

Big Project - Week of April 19

This week I'll be doing research with Cassie, Alex, and Mish on techniques to film dance. GOOGLE IT!

I'll also be trying to get my hands on NYCB's film "Opus Jazz." It's a story told entirely through dance and it's a film. It would be great for us to watch but it's not the type of thing that we can just pick up at blockbuster. I've tried to get my hands on it before and it wasn't so easy. But maybe since it's been out for about a year it'll be easier. I'm going to make some phone calls and see what I can find out.

If we can't watch that I think it would be a good idea for us to schedule a play date to watch the dance sequences in West Side Story. It'll give us a good idea as to how to film motion without disrupting the natural flow of the choreography. The cinematography shouldn't take away from the dancing, it should add to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment