Monday, April 12, 2010

My book presentation

Presenting my book was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was for me to talk about what I had read considering I started this book a little over a month ago. Ideas that I read about at the beginning of the book popped into my head and so I talked about those ideas instead of the ones I had prepared to talk about, which were the ideas he presented later on in the book and the ones I was most familiar with - or so I thought. I discovered that I can give a presentation without any kind of poster or slide show to base it off of. In the past, I've always had either a poster or slide show to back me up during my presentations. I'm not sure what I like better - having a power point, or just casually talking about what I learned.

Having a power point:
PRO-My thoughts are extremely well organized beforehand. I know exactly what I'm going to say and in what order I will say it.
CON-I find that power point presentations tend to get extremely monotonous. Sometimes I forget to actively think while giving my presentation, so I rely solely on the slide show for my information and that can get really boring.

Not having a power point:
PRO-It's easy to say what you mean and how you actually feel. It's more fun for the speaker and the audience. It's natural.
CON-Without something organizing what you want to say, it's really easy to think out loud, and be a little all over the place. The transitions from one topic to the next might be a little awkward and it might not flow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment