Sunday, April 18, 2010

Jim Bonney workshop #2

On Friday Jim brought in lyrics and had us recite them with different subtexts. I remember doing this last year. After all the work I've done with subtext over the past 7 months I had a really different experience. It's a lot easier for me to think one thing and say another. I understand my motives better and act more on my instincts. Simply stated, I'm more in the moment, free, and spontaneous about it. There's a lot less planning going on, which usually serves as a huge block.

I think I mentioned this in my last blog about the workshop, but I'll say it again. I really like this group. There's a lot of eye contact and the level of comfort is great to work with. When I'm working with a partner, I focus on their eyes and body language a lot. It gives me something to react to and something to work with. It seems like everyone is really open to letting other people in.

At the end of the warm up exercises on Friday I felt a lot differently than I did on Wednesday. On Wednesday I could verbally describe how I was feeling, on Friday I couldn't. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. "But that's not necessarily a bad thing."

    Ah, you are learning!

    ReplyDelete