Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jim Bonney workshop

The workshop today was great! I took this workshop last year and I know that I'm going to have a completely different view on it this year. Since last year's workshop, I've done 3 musicals, the Nutcracker, and worked on monologues for my college auditions. I've also seen a lot of really good theater. Yesterday at Wagner, I got to see the students there do some of the same repeating exercises that Jim does with us. Those students are on a more advanced level, and had to used those exercises to feed into the scene they had to perform that day in class. I was able to see what a huge difference the prep work made. The group that's taking this workshop is a lot more open minded than last years group. There's a more united energy and that makes it easier to trust and to work. If I look like a fool in front of my classmates that's fine with me. I know they won't be judging me and I hope they know that I wont be judging them.

1 comment: