Wednesday, April 7, 2010

When I dance...

Tonight I was reminded of why I love to dance. When I dance, my world is a better place. Everything else goes away and doesn't matter anymore and I know that everything will turn out alright and that I'll be okay. When I dance all that matters is that I'm in the studio with people who love and support me and we're all dancing, working up a sweat, and creating together. It's peaceful. Relaxing. Energizing. Stimulating. It's the most amazing feeling in the world. And it's comforting too. It's what supports me. And I know that no matter what happens with my life, no matter what changes it'll always be there for me to come home to. Even when I'm old, and my body falls apart, the studio will always be there. I'll still be able to choreograph and dance with my mind and my heart even if I physically can't do the movements. And the music too. The music that I dance to- when I listen to the lyrics, they're telling me good things too.

1 comment:

  1. I felt exactly the same in class yesterday too. It can lift up your spirits in an instant because you are with people who support you.

    ReplyDelete